CRB incorporates at least six companies a month mainly on behalf of foreign companies seeking to set up corporate presence in Tanzania. This is mostly in the sectors of mining, banking, insurance, beverages, insurance, real estate and agriculture.
“Get up” services are also provided to clients to enable the newly incorporated companies start business, such as the processing of the relevant tax files (for Value Added Certificate and Tax Identification Number Certificate) and processing work and residence permits.
Most companies so incorporated engage the firm to offer company secretarial services on annual retainer basis.
All the three partners of the firm have vast experience in merger and acquisition transactions.
- From July 2010 to 2013 the firm advised Diageo, the beverages multinational, on post acquisition compliance requirements after it had successfully acted as Tanzanian Counsel in Diageo’s acquisition of Serengeti Breweries.
- Working with Addleshaw Goddard (London) the firm advised Rolls Royce in an acquisition transaction entailing the acquisition of its shares in a Tanzanian entity and Rai Group of Kenya in post divestiture problem resolution with the Government,
- Designing operational documents for banks (loan agreements and security documents)
- The firm advised Mitsubishi in the acquisition of a stake in the petroleum sector by buying shares from Ophir.
- In 2015/2016 the firm advised the shareholder of Zenufa Laboratories Limited in the sale of their shares in the company.
- • 2017/2017 the firm acted as Tanzanian legal adviser in the indirect acquisition of Portland Cement Comnpany
Head of Team: Cyril Pesha
- Pendo Shamte
- Susan Mpangile
- Camilla Yusuf
- Pladius Mwombeki