Jovin J. Tibenda is an Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and other subordinate courts thereto save for primary court and a Junior Associate at CRB AFRICA LEGAL whose practise areas include Banking Law and Company Law. Jovin also regularly advises clients on banking, corporate matters, and general commercial law.
- Directly involved in incorporating companies mainly on behalf of foreign companies seeking to set up corporate presence in Tanzania.
- Providing company secretarial services
- Involved in company restructuring
- Processing work and residence permits for foreigners’ employees/directors
- Got involved in registering franchise businesses in Tanzania.
- Provide advice and assist on company winding up procedures and dealing with bankruptcy.
Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution:
- Arbitration between Sunderland Association Football Club and Tanzania Tourist Board
- Reviewing of security documents on behalf of banks to check with their compliance to Tanzanian laws
- Drafting and perfection of security documents on acquisition of loans for companies and registration of such documents at the registrar of companies and the land registry.
Mergers and acquisition:
- Notifications to the Fair Competition Commission on the Merger and Acquisition.
- Preparing and reviewing documents for Approvals from Regulating Authorities and Fair Competition Commission
- Conducting Due Diligence and providing a legal opinion for a Bond issue.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from Law School of Tanzania.
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) from Tumaini University Dar es salaam College
- Tanganyika Law Society and East African Law Society